Decorating your home for the holidays is one of the best parts of the season! But you don’t have to break the bank to turn your home into a winter wonderland. Try out these DIY holiday crafts from H&H Chevrolet and really get into the holiday spirit.
Holiday Napkin Rings
Make these charming homemade napkin rings for super adorable place settings at the table this year. All you need is some leftover wrapping paper, tape, and rickrack or string. You probably already have these items lying around the house and in just minutes you can kick things up a notch at your holiday meal.
Ditch the plain construction paper and opt for strips of reflective scrapbook paper for this glitzy take on a holiday classic. If you don’t have these items already, a quick trip to the craft store and a few dollars will set you up with everything you need!
Festive Snowman Candles
Kids will love making these awesome snowman candles around the holidays. The best part about this craft is that you only need cheap dollar store candles and common crafting supplies to create these adorable glowing snowmen that look fantastic on the mantle or on the doorstep.
Before you go over budget this year, try out these great DIY holiday crafts. You’ll be surprised how far some common household items can get you as you decorate your home this winter.
For the most dedicated bargain shoppers, Black Friday may be the best day of the year. If you count down the days to this ultimate shopping day, here are a few Black Friday tips to help you out.
- Use technology. It has never been easier to compare prices. Use websites and apps geared towards savings to catch the best deal. PriceGrabber.com, PriceWatch.com, and BuyVia are great places to start.
- Make a plan. Study the ads, both in print and online, the week of Thanksgiving to know what you want to buy. Compare prices to find the best deal.
- Look beyond Friday. Good deals aren’t just limited to Friday. Some retailers have a whole week or even month of savings.
- Have a budget. Know how much you’re going to spend and stick with that. You can bring cash and leave your cards at home to really make you stick to it. Avoid impulse buys because they may not be as good of a deal as they seem.
- Know store policies. While you might be familiar with a certain store’s return or price-match policy, check to see if there are any exceptions for Black Friday purchases.
With these tips in hand, you’re ready to catch the best deals of the season. Share your other tips with us at H & H Chevrolet Cadillac!
Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away. If you’ve been feeling the need to spice up your Thanksgiving gatherings, but don’t want to mess with the menu, here are a few Thanksgiving traditions you can give a try this year.
- Enjoy some down time. While Thanksgiving typically involves plenty of family members, this can sometimes lead to some stress. Be sure to take a few minutes for yourself so you don’t get overwhelmed. Take a walk while the pies are baking or take a power nap before all the guests arrive.
- Put the kids in charge. Letting others help, especially the kids, can make Thanksgiving even more special for everyone. Put the kids in charge of serving dessert. Have them take orders and serve it up.
- Have Thanksgiving for dinner. Many families start their Thanksgiving feasts in the afternoon. Aim for a 5:30 or 6pm start time so you can enjoy a more laid back afternoon. Prepare a few light snacks to munch on throughout the afternoon.
- Create a place to share thanks. Consider making something where guests can write down what they’re thankful for. You could line your table with butcher paper or create a thankful tree with leaf-shaped pieces of paper. Share the thankful thoughts over dinner.
Which Thanksgiving traditions are you planning to try this year? Share with us today!