Now that the weather is starting to warm up, it’s time to start getting your car ready for spring. Winter is harsh on your car, so it’s important to help it recuperate after the cold weather and ease it into the warmth. Here are some easy but important maintenance tasks you should do.
Get an oil change, and check your other fluids
If any are low, now is a great time to top them off. You may also want to have an inspection done and make sure all your belts, hoses, and so on are all intact. Get new windshield wiper blades, too, especially if you were using winter blades for the season.
Wash your car and clean it out
Make sure you get the underside cleared of any caked on dirt and mud, and vacuum or wash your floor mats. Your car will be happier and you’ll appreciate being in a clean environment.
Check your tires!
Make sure the pressure is correct and add or let out air if it’s not, and inspect them for worn tread or any signs of damage, like bulging and cracking. Give us a call at H&H Chevrolet and we’ll help you come up with a spring maintenance plan!
Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away. If you’ve been feeling the need to spice up your Thanksgiving gatherings, but don’t want to mess with the menu, here are a few Thanksgiving traditions you can give a try this year.
- Enjoy some down time. While Thanksgiving typically involves plenty of family members, this can sometimes lead to some stress. Be sure to take a few minutes for yourself so you don’t get overwhelmed. Take a walk while the pies are baking or take a power nap before all the guests arrive.
- Put the kids in charge. Letting others help, especially the kids, can make Thanksgiving even more special for everyone. Put the kids in charge of serving dessert. Have them take orders and serve it up.
- Have Thanksgiving for dinner. Many families start their Thanksgiving feasts in the afternoon. Aim for a 5:30 or 6pm start time so you can enjoy a more laid back afternoon. Prepare a few light snacks to munch on throughout the afternoon.
- Create a place to share thanks. Consider making something where guests can write down what they’re thankful for. You could line your table with butcher paper or create a thankful tree with leaf-shaped pieces of paper. Share the thankful thoughts over dinner.
Which Thanksgiving traditions are you planning to try this year? Share with us today!
Furry Fun Days Sponsored Event
Community is important to H & H Chevrolet, which is why we try to support it anyway we can. We are happy to report that were able to recently sponsor two cool local events!
We were very happy to be a sponsor for Shippensburg’s annual doggie carnival, 11th Furry Fun Days. Held at Bubba’s Happy Tails Dog Park, the carnival featured lots of good eats, for dogs and their humans, as well as cool games and agility demonstrations by specially-trained canines. The event also made it possible for shelter pets to find a loving family to take them home.
H & H Chevrolet also sponsored the 2016 Solstice Arts Festival this year. The amount of inspired and skilled creativity displayed at the event was truly astounding. Artisans, musicians and artists from the region gathered to show off their work. Live pottery and drum circles were just some of the attractions found at the festival.
Since 1932, the community around our dealership has trusted us to help them find their next vehicle. Sponsoring these kinds of events is our way of giving back.
Proud neighbors of Shippensburg University
Education is important to us here at H & H Chevrolet, which is why we are proud to have such a wonderful college as Shippensburg University in the neighborhood. The school has an average enrollment of 7,000 students, with the current student body featuring international students from 15 other countries, and for good reason. This school has a lot to offer!
Shippensburg University was founded back in 1871. These days, SU is going strong and that has everything to do with the commitments they have made to be the best. First of all, unlike a lot of universities out there, classes at Shippensburg are taught by a faculty member, not graduate assistants. There’s a more than favorable student-to-faculty ratio of 20 to 1. Not to mention, almost every faculty member on campus has achieved a terminal degree in their field.
Shippensburg University is often cited by various publications as being one of the top schools in the country. In fact, US News & Report named the school as one of the best in the Northeast.
Enjoy local parks near Shippensburg, PA.
There are so many great local parks to explore and enjoy here in Shippensburg, PA. With a holiday weekend coming up, it is the perfect time to spend a beautiful summer day at a park. Here is a list of the top four parks in the area!
Our list includes Shippensburg Township Park, South Hampton Park, North Newton Park, and Rails to Trails. Which parks did we miss that you would like to see included on our list?
We included these parks because they cover all of the great things that you look for in a park. Between these four parks, you have beautiful pavilions to enjoy a nice picnic lunch in the shade. There are amazing playgrounds with fun things for kids to enjoy. There are sports fields to play great games on with friends, whether you enjoy football, volleyball, basketball, or baseball. And don’t forget about great hiking trails to explore the great outdoors!
Whether your family wants to soak up the sun, enjoy a meal, play outside, or go on a walk, you will find something fun to do at these local parks.
Silverado Accessories For Every Job
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a phenomenal truck. But, do you know what makes it even better? Some Silverado 1500 accessories. When adding accessories to your truck, you want to make sure they will enhance its performance and not hinder it, which is why you should only buy OEM, or OEM-approved, accessories.
Here are some of our favorite accessories.
- Bed Mat. Protect your truck bed from dings, dents, and scratches with a bed mat. These mats are designed to fit every curve in the Silverado’s bed. Chevrolet offers a wide range of options from hard-formed plastic to a material that is closer to a rug.
- Tonneau Cover. Keep everything in your bed safe and secure with a tonneau cover. Choose from hard folding, hard rolling, soft folding, soft rolling, and single piece hard cover.
- Floor Mats. If you’re planning some extreme adventures this summer, protect your interior from any mud or rocks you might bring in with your shoes by getting some premium all-weather floor mats. When they get too dirty, just take them out and hose them down.
- Exhaust System Upgrades. Get more power and sound with the addition of a new exhaust. Try a cat-back exhaust for the best results.
If you’re looking to add any Chevrolet accessories to your Silverado 1500, come visit the parts department here at H & H Chevrolet Cadillac. We have many parts and accessories in stock, but can order anything we don’t have on hand. Schedule your appointment today!
Learn how to remove smells from a car here!
An unwanted smell is unappealing and, depending on the smell, can lower your car’s resale value. Even if you don’t plan on selling your car anytime soon, a fresh smelling car is more inviting to passengers. Here’s a few quick ways to remove smells from a car from us here at H & H Chevrolet Cadillac.
- Coffee – After you’ve made your favorite cup of coffee, spoon some fresh coffee grounds into a bowl. Leave the bowl in your car with the windows up while you’re at work. When you’re ready to drive home, the smell of your favorite coffee will have overpowered the unwanted smell.
- Cat Litter – If you have a cat, you likely have litter at home. Cat litter is designed to absorb and eliminate smells which makes it perfect for deodorizing your car. Throw some cat litter in a bowl and leave it in your car overnight. By morning, your car will be virtually odorless.
- Cinnamon Sticks – Great for winter, cinnamon sticks can create a great smell to overpower your unwanted odor. Boil several sticks in hot water then pour that water into a mug or cup. Leave the cup in your car while it cools. Wait about an hour then enjoy the fresh cinnamon smell!
We want to hear your tips to remove smells from a car!
Chevrolet Bolt taxi is going to be seen on the road soon!
General Motors has generated a lot of interest with its latest electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Bolt. Now the company is taking that interest to new heights by making use of their partnership with Lyft. General Motors and Lyft will begin testing the autonomous Chevrolet Bolt taxi by mid-2017.
While neither company has revealed the location, the Chevrolet Bolt taxi isn’t likely to go unnoticed. Using technology developed by Cruise Automation Inc., General Motors hopes to increase sales via those who use Lyft.
“We have said the Chevrolet Bolt EV is the ideal platform for ride sharing solutions,” General Motors said. “We believe electrification blends perfectly with autonomy when it comes to technology integration.”
General Motors invested $500 million in Lyft back in January and both companies have heavily invested in autonomous technology. That’s not the only company the conglomerate is looking to acquire. Cruise Automation Inc. is in talks with General Motors for a $1 billion price tag.
Have no fear, ride-sharing users! Lyft will keep drivers in autonomous vehicles at first to ensure passenger safety. Customers in the unnamed city can opt into the program to receive a ride in an autonomous Chevrolet Bolt taxi within the coming year.
Here at H&H Chevrolet Cadillac of Shippensburg, PA, we can’t wait to see the latest in autonomous technology hit the road!