Enjoy local parks near Shippensburg, PA.
There are so many great local parks to explore and enjoy here in Shippensburg, PA. With a holiday weekend coming up, it is the perfect time to spend a beautiful summer day at a park. Here is a list of the top four parks in the area!
Our list includes Shippensburg Township Park, South Hampton Park, North Newton Park, and Rails to Trails. Which parks did we miss that you would like to see included on our list?
We included these parks because they cover all of the great things that you look for in a park. Between these four parks, you have beautiful pavilions to enjoy a nice picnic lunch in the shade. There are amazing playgrounds with fun things for kids to enjoy. There are sports fields to play great games on with friends, whether you enjoy football, volleyball, basketball, or baseball. And don’t forget about great hiking trails to explore the great outdoors!
Whether your family wants to soak up the sun, enjoy a meal, play outside, or go on a walk, you will find something fun to do at these local parks.
Silverado Accessories For Every Job
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a phenomenal truck. But, do you know what makes it even better? Some Silverado 1500 accessories. When adding accessories to your truck, you want to make sure they will enhance its performance and not hinder it, which is why you should only buy OEM, or OEM-approved, accessories.
Here are some of our favorite accessories.
- Bed Mat. Protect your truck bed from dings, dents, and scratches with a bed mat. These mats are designed to fit every curve in the Silverado’s bed. Chevrolet offers a wide range of options from hard-formed plastic to a material that is closer to a rug.
- Tonneau Cover. Keep everything in your bed safe and secure with a tonneau cover. Choose from hard folding, hard rolling, soft folding, soft rolling, and single piece hard cover.
- Floor Mats. If you’re planning some extreme adventures this summer, protect your interior from any mud or rocks you might bring in with your shoes by getting some premium all-weather floor mats. When they get too dirty, just take them out and hose them down.
- Exhaust System Upgrades. Get more power and sound with the addition of a new exhaust. Try a cat-back exhaust for the best results.
If you’re looking to add any Chevrolet accessories to your Silverado 1500, come visit the parts department here at H & H Chevrolet Cadillac. We have many parts and accessories in stock, but can order anything we don’t have on hand. Schedule your appointment today!
Learn how to remove smells from a car here!
An unwanted smell is unappealing and, depending on the smell, can lower your car’s resale value. Even if you don’t plan on selling your car anytime soon, a fresh smelling car is more inviting to passengers. Here’s a few quick ways to remove smells from a car from us here at H & H Chevrolet Cadillac.
- Coffee – After you’ve made your favorite cup of coffee, spoon some fresh coffee grounds into a bowl. Leave the bowl in your car with the windows up while you’re at work. When you’re ready to drive home, the smell of your favorite coffee will have overpowered the unwanted smell.
- Cat Litter – If you have a cat, you likely have litter at home. Cat litter is designed to absorb and eliminate smells which makes it perfect for deodorizing your car. Throw some cat litter in a bowl and leave it in your car overnight. By morning, your car will be virtually odorless.
- Cinnamon Sticks – Great for winter, cinnamon sticks can create a great smell to overpower your unwanted odor. Boil several sticks in hot water then pour that water into a mug or cup. Leave the cup in your car while it cools. Wait about an hour then enjoy the fresh cinnamon smell!
We want to hear your tips to remove smells from a car!
Chevrolet Bolt taxi is going to be seen on the road soon!
General Motors has generated a lot of interest with its latest electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Bolt. Now the company is taking that interest to new heights by making use of their partnership with Lyft. General Motors and Lyft will begin testing the autonomous Chevrolet Bolt taxi by mid-2017.
While neither company has revealed the location, the Chevrolet Bolt taxi isn’t likely to go unnoticed. Using technology developed by Cruise Automation Inc., General Motors hopes to increase sales via those who use Lyft.
“We have said the Chevrolet Bolt EV is the ideal platform for ride sharing solutions,” General Motors said. “We believe electrification blends perfectly with autonomy when it comes to technology integration.”
General Motors invested $500 million in Lyft back in January and both companies have heavily invested in autonomous technology. That’s not the only company the conglomerate is looking to acquire. Cruise Automation Inc. is in talks with General Motors for a $1 billion price tag.
Have no fear, ride-sharing users! Lyft will keep drivers in autonomous vehicles at first to ensure passenger safety. Customers in the unnamed city can opt into the program to receive a ride in an autonomous Chevrolet Bolt taxi within the coming year.
Here at H&H Chevrolet Cadillac of Shippensburg, PA, we can’t wait to see the latest in autonomous technology hit the road!
It’s not often you see a street-performance truck but Chevrolet is looking to change that. The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado was already a fully capable truck and with its most recent special edition, it’s getting a sportier look. Revealed with Dale Earnhardt Jr. behind the wheel at the Texas Motor Speedway, the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Rally Edition will blow you away.
The Chevrolet Silverado Rally Edition packs a more custom look with a stripe package and contrasting black accents. Unlike in previous years, the door handles and mirrors are the same color as the body. Stripes also run from the front to rear.
Available in two stages, the Rally Edition will offer a custom look without the aftermarket price. The first variation rides on 20-inch wheels and offers the stripes, a locking rear differential, and trailering package. The second package brings tubular side steps, 22-inch rims, dual-zone climate control, a power driver’s seat, and remote start to the 2016 Silverado.
The Rally Edition joins the Midnight Edition and Realtree Edition on the special edition lineup. If the current trend continues, it’s likely this won’t be the last special edition we see.
“We introduced several special editions in 2015,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet truck marketing director. “They clearly resonated with buyers, selling in one-third the time.”
We here at H&H Chevrolet Cadillac are hyped that Chevrolet is offering a more custom look on an incredibly popular truck! In the meantime, see the Silverados on our lot!
Tire Rotation is important because it’ll help your tires keep their treads at acceptable levels for longer.
We’ve always thought the term “tire rotation” to be an odd one in our Service Department at H & H Chevrolet. After all, technically speaking, tires already rotate all the time when you drive your car.
In mechanic-speak, though, tire rotation refers to switching the tires from front to back, side to side, or even in a diagonal. But why is rotating your tires important?
As you should already know, tires slowly leave rubber behind as you drive, eventually wearing down to the point that they are too unsafe to use. However, the amount of tire wear is not equally spread between every tire. Because front tires are both subjected to longitudinal (accelerating and braking) and lateral (steering) forces, they tend to wear out faster. Even the route you drive daily can have an effect on tire wear; for example, if, on average, you take more fast right turns than left turns, your left tires—especially at the front—will wear out more quickly.
The solution to this is tire rotation. Our mechanics at H & H Chevy in Shippensburg take the most-worn tire and switch it with the least-worn tire, ensuring that wear evens out over the lifetime of your tires. The result is that your tires will be good to use for almost twice as long. Nice!